Spanish Rice Salad – Ensalada de Arroz is a superb summer salad that is healthy and filling. The addition of beans and peas gives another texture and flavours to this dish. The use of Bell Pepper whether they be Green, Red or Yellow provides the crunch factor. The recipe is currently a vegetarian dish but you can add cooked chicken, lamb, beef, Pork or even seafood according to tastes. This makes a superb picnic dish, lunch box items or for those on the go. I often cook the rice in advance as it better to include it cold rather than hot.
Spanish Rice Salad – Ensalada de Arroz
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 4 whole scallions finely chopped
- 4 cups white rice 750 ml-1 L, cooked
- 2 large bell peppers finely chopped
- 1/2 cup beans 250 ml,
- 1/2 cup green peas 250 ml,
- 1/4 cup parsley 60 ml, chopped
- 1/4 cup Green and black olives to garnish
- 4 whole Anchovy fillets garnish
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar 60 ml
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin olive oil 125 ml
- Salt to taste
- grouond pepper to taste
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar, garlic, scallions, salt, and pepper.
- Combine with the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl and toss to combine thoroughly.
- Garnish with olives and anchovy fillets if you want.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature,