Avocado Stuffed with Shrimp Seviche also known as Aguacate Relleno con Seviche de Camarones) is a Mexican dish that tastes and smells as good as it looks. The freshness of the avocado gives a lovely silkiness to the dish that is everybody enjoys. When the fresh shrimp, pimento green olives and jalapenos are mixed, the flavours take off. As a starter, you will wish it was your main course. I have served a whole avocado per person during the summer as a light meal which went down a treat. You can also use prawns and small chunks of lobster for variation.
Avocado Stuffed with Shrimp Seviche (Aguacate Relleno con Seviche de Camarones)
- 1/2 lb small shrimp 225 g
- 1/4 cup lemon juice 60 ml
- 1/4 cup lime juice 60 ml
- 1 large tomato
- 1/2 small onion finely chopped
- 4 whole pimiento green olives chopped
- 1 large jalapeño pepper
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin olive oil 30 ml
- 1 tbsp cilantro 15 ml, chopped
- 1 large ripe avocado halved and pitted
- 1 whole Lettuce garnish
- Salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- Combine the shrimp, lemon juice, and lime juice in a non-reactive bowl and refrigerate for 3 hours, or until the shrimp are firm and opaque.
- Add the tomato, onion, olives, jalapeño, olive oil, cilantro, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
- Spoon into the avocado halves.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce leaves
The tomatoes needs to be seeded and chopped
The Shrimp need to be peeled and deveined