Spicy Marinated Mushrooms are a heavenly starter and side dish for any meal. The kick of jalapenos gives a warming hit whilst the soft delicate mushrooms help to keep the eat at bay. I often serve these as part of a steak and chips meal as in Steak with French Fries – Steak Frites. Both of these recipes are easy to prep and cook and work so well together that you will have an excellent main course for family and friends. The lemon zest and juice, the scallions and jalapenos, garlic and white wine create a perfect sauce for anything. The Spicy Marinated Mushrooms have the honour.
Spicy Marinated Mushrooms
- Combine all ingredients in a non-reactive bowl and toss mushrooms to coat thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Serve cold.
- Thinly slice the white and green part of the scallion. Also known as spring onion.
- The Jalapenos should be seeded and finely chopped.
- Instead of white wine, you can use water.