Spanish Cantabrian Mussels – Mejillones Cantabria is a superb Spanish main dish recipe that is ready within 10 minutes. It combines mustard, white wine, chervil and mussels into a mussel dish that is hard to beat. One of the best ways to prepare and cook mussels to ensure such an impact of flavours and textures. Always worth that little extra effort. The sauce that this dish produces could be bottled and sold on its own. The flavour is immense whilst not being overpowering from the mussel flavour. I always serve this with fresh bread to soak up the sauce so nothing goes to waste.
Spanish Cantabrian Mussels – Mejillones Cantabria
- Heat the oil in a shallow pot over moderate heat and saute the scallions just until they are wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the wine, mustard, chervil, salt, and pepper and stir until thickened.
- Add the mussels and cook covered until the mussels have opened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Discard any mussels that didn’t open.
- Spoon the sauce over the mussels and serve immediately, garnished with lemon wedges.