Baked Fresh Salmon is a simple dish that always impresses family and friends. The subtle flavours of the garlic, thyme and bay compliment the salmon without overpowering the taste. I always serve this with “clean” vegetables such as Boiled Potatoes with Herbs and Broccoli with Sesame Seeds. This recipe shouts tasty with the cucumber, butter and ultimately the cream. Every dish is better with dairy. The benefit of this dish is that it goes well not only with potatoes and vegetables but just as well with salad an summer dishes. Having a main dish as simple and as clean as this in your repertoire will save you time and again.
Baked Fresh Salmon
- Combine salt and pepper, and thyme then rub all over the salmon.
- Melt butter in baking dish then add salmon and coat with the butter.
- Add light cream, onion slices, parsley, garlic, and bay leaf. Arrange cucumber strips around the salmon.
- Bake covered for 40 minutes or until centre bone can be removed easily.
- Remove and discard bay leaf, onion, parsley and garlic before serving.