Stuffed Onions – Cipolle Ripiene
I superbly delicious vegetarian side dish that goes so well with so much.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to Collection
Servings: 4 people
- Place the onions cut side up on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake in a 375F (190C) oven until the onions are tender, 30 to 40 minutes.
- While the onions are cooling, soak the bread in the milk in a small bowl.
- Mash the bread with a fork to make a smooth paste and stir in the egg, capers, and anchovies.
- When the onions are cool enough to handle, scoop out the centers of the onions leaving hollow shells of 2 or 3 layers.
- Chop the scooped out onion finely and stir into the bread mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the hollowed onions and drizzle with olive oil.
- Return to the oven and bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
Calories: 113kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 130mg | Potassium: 29mg | Fiber: 0.1g | Sugar: 0.5g