Mississippi Mud Pie is a true wonder of the world. The pie contains a gooey chocolate sauce on top of a marshmallow centre on top of a crumbly chocolate crust. The Pecan Nuts are optional. Remarkably, the entire pie is very easy to produce with only a few instructions. This has to be one of the most decadent dessert around, but so worth it. This can be made in advance and placed in the fridge to chill. Always take it out at least 30-45 minutes before you want to eat it so that it can reach room temperature. This dessert is one that everybody should try at least once.
Mississippi Mud Pie
- Mix butter, 2 eggs and cocoa together. Then add the vanilla extract 2 eggs,flour and pecans and mix.
- Put into a greased 11 x 14 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven. While cake is hot,spread 3/4 jar of marshmallow creme in top.
- Mix together 1 stick butter, 6 tbsp. milk, 1/2 cup cocoa, 1 box powdered sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla extract and 1 cup medium chopped pecans.
- Spread over marshmallow topping.