Chimichangas are a Mexican–American fusion large burrito prepared with a choice of meat, vegetables and spices. They can be deep-fried or baked to perfection. These are superb as a snack, main dish and make a normal wrap look amazingly boring. The divine chicken in the picante sauce ready for when the cheddar and Monterey jack melts and mixes with the ground cumin to create a special experience. However, what can be said about these except FEED ME MORE!! My grandchildren know when I have the ingredients to make these and always appear. If you are looking for a quick tortilla then you have to try these.
- Combine chicken, picante sauce, onion, cumin, oregano and salt in a saucepan.
- Simmer 5 minutes or until most of liquid has evaporated.
- Brush one side of tortillas with butter.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of mixture on unbuttered side of tortilla.
- Top with cheeses, fold over and bake in a dish for about 15 minutes.