Chicken Parmigiana is one of my favourite Italian recipes. The combination of chicken breasts with mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese in a coating of bread crumbs is perfect. I’m getting hungry just thinking about it. I often serve Chicken Parmigiana on a bed of steaming hot rice for a perfect meal. The tomato sauce binds everything together whilst the gooey cheeses are ideal to mop up the rice. This is a very simple main dish that can serve 4 people within 25 minutes. I often add a finely sliced red chilli to the mixture for a bit of heat. It works so well you have to give this a try.
- Combine bread crumbs, cheese, italian seasoning, and garlic powder in a shallow bowl.
- Dip each chicken breast in beaten egg, then roll in bread crumb mixture to evenly coat.
- Place chicken on a cookie sheet or jelly-roll pan.
- Bake in preheated 375F oven for 10 minutes.
- Turn chicken over; bake 10-12 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Spoon tomato sauce over chicken. Sprinkle cheese over top.
- Bake 3 minutes or until chicken is melted.