Beef Choufleur is a fusion of east and west. It is the combination of browned beef served with a delicious savoury sauce of soy sauce, garlic and broth. Serve this on a bed of hot fluffy rice for a dish that is filling, tasty, aromatic and memorable. This dish is full of body with the cauliflower florets, bell peppers and green onions. I normally use basmati rice for this dish as it is a superb carrier of flavours. Also basmati is ideal to help mop up the sauce. As a main dish, I normally only need something light for dessert such as Apple Compote or Yoghurt Panna Cotta with Apricots.
- Cut meat into ½-inch squares. Brown meat in butter about 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower, green pepper, soy sauce and garlic. Stir lightly to coat vegetables with soy sauce. Cover pan and simmer until vegetables are barely tender, about 10 minutes.
- Blend cornstarch, sugar and broth.
- Add to meat mixture with scallions. Cook, stirring constantly, until thoroughly heated and sauce is thickened.
- Serve on a bed of fluffy hot rice.