Yoghurt PannaCotta with Apricots is a simple yet impressive recipe that always works wonders with friends and family. It is a refreshing way to clean the palette after a meal without being heavy or over filling. Also it has the benefit of being made in advance and stored in the fridge until needed. Saves on the hassle of a dinner party. However, when served, it will appear you have worked your magic. I have used apricots in this recipe for their refreshing taste but other fruits can be used or a collection if you like. The addition of a dry white wine to the syrup gives a subtle flavouring to the apricots.
Yoghurt Panna Cotta with Apricots
- In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the 3 tablespoons of milk, and allow to rest for 5 minutes to soften.
- In a saucepan, heat the remaining 1 cup of milk until it is simmering but before it comes to a full boil.
- Add the vanilla and 1/4 cup of the honey, stir and taste.
- Add the remaining honey if you prefer it sweeter.
- Whisk in the gelatin and continue to whisk until it has completed melted into the hot milk.
- Stir in the two cups of yogurt and mix until well blended.
- Pour the mixture into 6 (1/2 cup ramekins) or 4 larger glasses as shown in the photo and refrigerate for at least 3 to 4 hours.
- For the topping, place the apricots in a saucepan with the honey and wine and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, and continue to cook until the apricots are very soft, and the wine and honey have thickened, about 20 minutes, then cool.
- To serve, place a scoop of the apricots on each panna cotta with some of the syrup.