Japanese Beef and Scallion Rolls
- Combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, and miring in a small bowl and soak the scallions in the mixture while you prepare the beef.
- Pound the beef between to sheets of plastic wrap if necessary to form rectangular pieces about 1/8 inch (3 mm) thick, 3 inches (8 cm) wide, and 6 inches (15 cm) long.
- Brush one side of the beef with the soy sauce mixture, place a small bundle of the scallions across one end of the pieces of beef, and roll the long way to form rolls.
- Secure with a toothpick or two and brush the exterior of the rolls with the remaining sauce.
- Cook over hot coals (traditional) or under a preheated broiler until brown on all sides, about 4 minutes total