Making an easy Tiramisu for a dessert is superb in many ways. It’s quick, can be made hours in advance and looks very impressive. Also the hit of both the Rum and the Coffee mixed with the smoothness of the Mascarpone blend so well together. Add the sponge fingers dipped in coffee and you have a lip smacking dessert every time. However, your guests will not want to leave!!
- Make the coffee and pour into a wide glass bowl and allow to go cold.
- When cold, add the rum and stir well.
- Whilst waiting for the coffee to cool, add the eggs yolks with the sugar and beat until thickened.
- Then in a separate bowl, whisk the eggs (whites only) until you have stiff peaks.
- Gently add the whisked egg whites into the egg yolk mixture until fully combined. Use a soft spatula.
- Now for the messy part my grandchildren love.
- dunk the sponge finger into the coffee and build a layer in the bottom of a rectangular dish.
- Use half of the mascarpone cream on the top of the layer and then sprinkle with the cocoa powder.
- Repeat the layers process again exactly
- When complete, cover with film and place in the fridge to chill for a few hours.
- Serve when ready.