When I have a bbq, I have to have Bbq Sardines. The meat falls off the bones and is so succulent it is a superb treat. Serving it with a a simple sauce of lemon, capers and herbs adds the finishing touches making it a very popular dish.
- Add all of the herbs to a blender with a drizzle of olive oil, lemon juice and capers and blitz until smooth.
- Heat the barbecue ready for the sardines.
- Pour olive oil over the sardines and rub in with salt and pepper. (you can skewer the sardines if you wish to make it easier to turn).
- Cook the sardines over the glowing coals for 2-3 mins each side until cooked through and nicely charred.
- Drizzle the Lemon and Herb Sauce over the cooked and serve immediately.