Real Tomato Soup is a very simple way to use the excess tomatoes from my garden or even from the shops. It is so tasty and full of colour and flavour. I make this soup in advance and either reheat when needed or serve it cold. Chilled tomato soup is a very refreshing dish on a hot day.
Real Tomato Soup
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to pan over a medium heat. Add the sliced garlic and fry for a minute. Do not burn it!!
- Add all the tomatoes and 150ml of water and bring to the boil. Stir constantly.
- Reduce the temperature to a medium heat and cook the tomatoes and garlic for 5 minutes. The tomatoes will soften and start fall apart.
- Remove the soup from the heat, add a teaspoon of red wine vinegar.
- Pour the mixture into a blender and whiz until the liquid is the thickness you like.
- When ready, serve in warmed bowls.
- I add a basil leaf or two to each bowl as it goes so well together.