Chicken Fried Rice is the one dish I cook the most. I use it as a side dish when cooking for friends or as a main dish when just me. The main rule is to cook the rice in advance and let it cool completely. That way it will be lovely and flaky. I use ginger, scallions (Spring Onions) and garlic in my recipe but you can use others that you prefer. Whilst I add a teaspoon of sherry, it is optional but please try it. The sherry adds a little zing to the wine vinegar and packs more of a punch.
Chicken Fried Rice
- Beat egg with salt and pepper, cook briefly, should still be slightly runny.
- Cook chicken over high heat with garlic, ginger and scallions
- When chicken is done, add the briefly cooked egg and the soy sauce,
- Add the sherry and vinegar and cook briefly.
- Serve over steaming hot rice.