Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole is a recipe my mother taught me. I have cooked it for my children and now my grandchildren. It is a great success and ready within 50 minutes. A meal that includes chicken, cheese and prosciutto will always have people smiling. Served as a main dish through out the year. I have also cooked this using left over chicken and turkey especially after holidays.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Season the flattened chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 slice of cheese on top of each breast and top with a slice of prosciutto.
- Roll up, beginning with the narrow end, and secure with a toothpick.
- Place in a greased baking dish.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a saucepan and sir over low heat until the ingredients
- are incorporated.
- Pour over the chicken and bake uncovered in a preheated 350F (180C) oven, basting with the sauce several times, until the chicken is cooked through, about 40 minutes.
- Remove the toothpicks before serving. Serves
- The chicken should be skinned and boneless and then pounded thin between two sheets of plastic wrap or grease proof paper.