When you are having a party or friends and family for dinner then Tandoori Chicken Skewers have to be on the menu. They are simple to prepare, fast to marinade and easy to cook. What else could you ever need. These are perfect as starters, canapes, snacks or even a main dish. I have used Chicken Tikka Spice, for speed, in this recipe but you can always make your own. It is a simple recipe called Chicken Tikka. The sauce is easy and so very tasty and can be made in advance. These are perfect for bbq season as they are quick to cook over hot coals.
Tandoori Chicken Skewers
- Mix the chicken strips, yoghurt and tikka paste together in a bowl.
- Cover with cling film and set aside in the fridge to marinate for 20 minutes, or up to 4 hours.
- Soak the wooden skewers in water for at least 20 minutes to soften
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7.
- Place 2 baking trays in the oven to preheat.
- Feed a skewer through 1 or 2 strips of chicken. Make sure you do not squash them up or they may not cook evenly.
- Place the chicken skewers onto the preheated baking trays and bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn halfway through and drain off any excess fluids.
- Remove the chicken when completely cooked.
- Serve with chopped coriander and lime wedges on the side.