A Bacon and Potato Rosti with Fried Egg is an easy breakfast/brunch that is ideal for everyone. For a change, you can mix the bacon into the potato mix before frying for a slight difference. This breakfast or brunch dish will be popular with family and friends that they will be queueing up for a serving. The smoked back bacon, onion and potato combine to form a beautiful dish that is filling without being over the top. This is also divine with scrambled eggs and also poached eggs with Hollandaise Sauce. All in all this is a recipe that you must have in your repertoire.
Bacon and Potato Rosti with Fried Egg
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 8in frying pan, add the bacon and fry over a high heat until nice and crisp. Remove the bacon and put them to one side.
- Add the onion to the pan and fry for 1 minute.
- Cover, reduce the heat and cook for a further 15 minutes, until soft and tender.
- Put the coarsely grated potatoes inside a clean tea towel and wring out as much water as possible to prevent the potato rosti being soggy.
- Put the potato in a bowl, add the onion.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to the frying pan and when hot add the potato mix.
- Using the back of a spoon press the mixture into the pan so there is an even layer covering the whole pan.
- Cook over a low heat for 5–10 minutes, then carefully turn over.
- Cook the other side also for 5–10 minutes, until golden and crisp.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the eggs until cooked to your liking.
- Place the rosti on the bottom with the bacon in the middle and the fried egg on the top.