Potato Wedges are one of those dishes that once you start you will finish them off. Using only a few ingredients, baking potatoes, butter, salt and a fryer creates a dish that everybody loves. Ideal as a side dish and a snack.
My Potato Wedges
- Fat fryer
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4.
- Prick the baking potatoes with a fork or skewer to let the steam out whilst cooking.
- Rub them with butter and sprinkle with a little salt.
- Place the potatoes on a baking tray in the middle of the oven and bake for 45 minutes –1 hour. They should be soft but cooked.
- When cooked, place them to one side and allow to cool.
- When cold, slice them into wedges. You should get six out of each potato.
- Using a deep fat fryer, turn to 175°C/350°F and deep fry the wedges for 3 – 4 minutes until golden brown.
- If you are using vegetable oil in a deep sided pan, also heat to 175°C/350°F and deep fry the wedges for the same time until golden.
- I love these with another pinch of salt whilst dipping into a cool dip.