French Toast is one of my favourite breakfast and a family favourite. Using only eggs, bread, milk and sugar results in a subtle ever so tasty dish. I use both normal bread and brioche for this, both work so well. I would suggest a bit of fried bacon or maple syrup as a finishing touch. However, options are endless from fruit to ice cream to jams.
- Shallow bowl
- Crack the eggs into a shallow bowl and whisk until blended..
- Add the milk and sugar and continue to whisk.
- Dip the bread slices into the egg mixture. Make sure you cover both sides.
- Carefully place the bread slices into the frying pan over a medium high heat.
- Fry until lovely and golden.
- Serve with a multitude of fruits, ice crams, sauces, preserves and so many more.