Chicken and Spinach Burritos
It's a very simple burrito, but for some reason it's the perfect balance of healthy and unhealthy that you want from a burritoPrint Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 2 tortillas
- 1 large chicken breast strips, 125g
- 150 g spinach
- 60 g basmati rice
- 2 large large plain tortillas
- 1/4 green bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 red bellpepper chopped
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 2 tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp garlic and herb cream cheese low fat
- Put the rice in a small saucepan with 75ml of boiling water, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Leave to stand with the lid on for a further 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the oil to a saucepan, add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chicken strips and chopped peppers.
- Stir for 4 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Add the garlic, chilli, cumin and oregano.
- Mix together for another minute.
- Stir in the spinach and the cooked rice.
- Warm the tortillas in a dry frying pan or in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Lay them out on a board and spread the centre of each tortilla with the cream cheese.
- Divide the chicken and rice mixture between them and roll up, tucking in the sides, to form a neat parcel.
- Roll the parcel up tightly in foil, twisting the ends so they are easy to hold.
Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 133mg | Potassium: 482mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g