Sour Bamboo Shoot Curry
This simple Thai red curry is sweeter than normal but with the sour bamboo shoots, everything works in harmony.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to Collection
Servings: 2 people
- Put the sour bamboo shoots in to a bowl of water and allow to soak for at least 30 minutes. Drain
- Put a wok over a medium heat and add the oil.
- Once hot, add the coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Then add the curry paste and stir for 5 minutes still on a simmer.
- Add the drained bamboo shoots and simmer for a further 20 minutes before sliding in the Hake and lime leaves. Simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Taste the mixture before adding any fish sauce. Add the sugar to balance if required.
- Turn the heat off and add the basil leaves with a squeeze of lime.
- Serve immediately with rice for a superb simple meal.
Sodium: 1174mg | Sugar: 7g | Fiber: 3g | Potassium: 559mg | Cholesterol: 67mg | Calories: 555kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 31g | Fat: 44g | Protein: 25g | Carbohydrates: 16g