Smoked Wiltshire Cured Bacon Brunch Bread is a superb British recipe that incorporates bread, bacon, eggs and tomatoes in a single dish. The recipe calls for Smoked Wiltshire Cured Bacon which is soaked in Brine for 5 days before smoking. However, any quality cured bacon will do. The children love making the well in the middle of the bread dough and break the eggs into each one. It helps to build up an appetite for Brunch and Breakfast. Amazing how messy it can get but its good fun. If you prefer, instead of using a bread mix, you can make your own bread. Our recipe Fresh Bread has proven to be very popular.
Smoked Wiltshire Cured Bacon Brunch Bread
- Preheat oven to 230C, 450C, Gas Mark 8
- Take a bread mix and make according to pack instructions
- Lightly knead dough and shape
- Divide dough into 8 and make into small round flat breads
- Place on a greased baking tray and allow to rise for 10 minutes in a warm place
- Stretch out the dough rounds to make a little thinner and make a slight ‘moat’ in the centre and crack the egg into this area
- Top with 2 bacon rashers and cherry tomatoes
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes until well-risen and golden brown.