Salmon and Mustard Dressing is a simple recipe that combines the delicate flakes of baked salmon with a mild kick of a mustard dressing. This recipe is gluten free. I add a pinch of paprika or cayenne for a subtle heat and colour. The mustard to use is completely up to you. I have used Dijon, English and French all to great success, it just depends on your taste buds. I serve this as a main dish with seasonal vegetables for a balanced healthy meal.
Salmon with Mustard Dressing
- Preheat oven to 220c (fan 200c) or 425f
- Add the mayonnaise and mustard and a pinch of paprika into a mixing bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Line a sided baking tray with parchment paper
- Add the salmon to the baking tray and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Gentle spread the mustard mixture onto the salmon fillets coating them evenly.
- Place in the oven on the middle shelf and bake for 12-15 minutes until cooked through.
- To add a golden crust, place the salmon fillets under the grill to literally toast the top. No more than a minute or so.
- Slice a lemon into wedges and serve on the side.