A superb side dish to go with any meats. A family favourite that is fast to prep and to cook.
Spanish Potatoes in Green Sauce - Patatas en Salsa Verde
- 1/4 cup olive oil 60 ml
- 2 lbs potatoes thinly sliced, 900 g
- 4-6 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour 15 ml
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped, 60 ml
- 1 cup chicken stock or water 250 ml
- 1/4 cup dry white wine 60 ml, optional
- 1 large hard-cooked egg chopped
- salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over moderate heat and saute the potatoes, garlic, and onion (gently so they cook without browning) for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour, mixing it well to eliminate lumps.
- Add the parsley, chicken stock, optional wine, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer uncovered until the potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally to prevent sticking-do not stir.
- Garnish with chopped egg and parsley.