Crab Omelette is a little extravagant. However, when you have tried the succulent fresh crab meat with a soft omelette it will become a favourite. The scallions add a little crunch while the chile pepper gives a lovely mild heat. Nothing overpowers any other ingredient making this a superb breakfast or brunch full of balanced flavour. Let face it, you can cook enough for 4 people in only 10 minutes. Ideal for those in a rush who still want a flavoursome dish. This is one of those dishes that must be experienced as the textures and flavours are a perfect combination.
- Beat the eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet over moderate heat.
- Sauté the scallions and chile pepper, stirring frequently, for a minute or two.
- Add the crab meat and fish sauce and cook an additional 1 or 3 minutes.
- Remove this mixture to a small plate.
- Add more oil to the pan if necessary.
- Pour the beaten eggs into the same pan and cook, using a fork to draw the cooked eggs away from the edge of the pan and allowing the uncooked eggs to flow back towards the edge.
- Cook until firmly set on the bottom and creamy on top.
- Spoon the crab mixture down the center of the omelet and fold it in half.
- Turn the omelet onto a heated serving platter.