Grilled Curried Chicken is an excellent combination of subtle spices with a lovely hit of lemon or lime. This is a delicacy in Southeast Asia and the Caribbean with the marinade being used to baste as well. As a main dish, I normally serve this on a bed of rice for a lovely filling meal with the marinade poured over. Also, the spice mix of Grilled Curried Chicken is paprika, coriander, curry powder and cayenne that create a perfect mix. Serve as a main dish for happy diners.
Grilled Curried Chicken
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt 375 ml
- 1/2 cup lemon juice 155 ml, lime juice
- 1 tbsp lemon peel 15 ml, grated or lime peel
- 1 tbsp ginger 15 ml, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ground coriander 15 ml
- 1 tsp paprika 5 ml
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper or to taste, 5 ml
- 1 tsp curry powder 5 ml
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 large chickens cut into serving pieces
- salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients except the chicken pieces in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken pieces and toss to coat.
- Marinate overnight, turning the pieces occasionally.
- Grill or broil the chicken until done, basting frequently with the marinade.