Grilled Curried Chicken is an excellent combination of chicken with subtle spices with a lovely hit of lemon or lime. It is a delicacy in South Asia, Southeast Asia, as well as in the Caribbean. This recipe includes an amazing marinade that penetrates the chicken without overpowering. It is also used to baste the chicken whilst grilling or frying. As a main dish, I normally serve this on a bed of rice for a lovely filling meal with the marinade poured over. Also, the spice mix of Grilled Curried Chicken is paprika, coriander, curry powder and cayenne that create a perfect mix.
Grilled Curried Chicken
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt 375 ml
- 1/2 cup lemon juice 155 ml, lime juice
- 1 tbsp lemon peel 15 ml, grated or lime peel
- 1 tbsp ginger 15 ml, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ground coriander 15 ml
- 1 tsp paprika 5 ml
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper or to taste, 5 ml
- 1 tsp curry powder 5 ml
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 large chickens cut into serving pieces
- salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients except the chicken pieces in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken pieces and toss to coat.
- Marinate overnight, turning the pieces occasionally.
- Grill or broil the chicken until done, basting frequently with the marinade.