Mustard Crusted Salmon is a very simple dish that uses simple ingredients to great effect. The result is a main course dish that is full of flavour and sure to put a smile of everyone faces. This entire recipe is based around the dry mustard and the Dijon style mustard. They blend with the breadcrumbs to create and crust so full of flavour it melts in your mouth without overpowering the delicate soft salmon. I normally serve these with Boiled Potatoes with Herbs, Sauteed Broccoli – Broccoli Saltati and Bravo Green Beans. Y.ou can also serve this as part of a warm salad.
Mustard Crusted Salmon
- Combine the vinegar, sugar, mustards, and thyme in an electric blender.
- With the motor running, pour the oil in a thin stream to make a semi-thick sauce.
- Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper and arrange them skin side down in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of the sauce over each fillet to cover completely.
- Press the bread crumbs onto the fillets and bake in a preheated 375F (190C) oven until the topping is crisp and golden, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Serve with the remaining mustard sauce on the side.