This Mushroom and Shallot Sauce recipe produces a lovely, creamy sauce that never fails to impress and when served with a fine red wine is hard to beat. Fillet with Mushroom and Shallot Sauce is a main dish that uses this sauce. It turns a lovely cut of meat into a divine meal. The soft button mushrooms combined with the shallots make a perfect sauce base. The addition of the red wine and beef stock turns it into lovely thick sauce that coats the fillet. I normally serve this with rice for a filling memorable dish. However, once you have tried this recipe, it will become a favourite.
Mushroom and Shallot Sauce
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium, heat.
- Add the shallots and mushrooms, then fry for about 10 mins until golden and caramelised. Pour in the vinegar, then simmer until almost evaporated.
- Add the red wine, then simmer until almost evaporated.
- Add the beef stock, bring to the boil, then reduce by two-thirds. Pass the mixture through a fine sieve, then keep warm until ready to serve.
- Can be made the day before and reheated.
- Add all juices from the meat to the sauce, then gently heat the sauce up and whisk in the butter.
- Pour over the meat and serve immediately.