Herb Roasted Cornish Hens with Root Vegetables
Herb Roasted Cornish Hens with Root Vegetables has a flavour that is hard to follow. Serve with the roasted vegetables for an impressive but simple meal.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to Collection
Servings: 4 people
- Skewer neck skin of hens to back; tie legs to tail. Twist wings under back. Place hens, breast up, on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan.
- Place carrots, parsnips, turnips, and onions around hens in pan.
- Combine oil, garlic, rosemary, oregano, and salt; brush onto hens and vegetables.
- Roast, uncovered, in a 375 degree F oven for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until hens are no longer pink and the drumsticks move easily in their sockets.
- During roasting, turn vegetables occasionally. Transfer hens from roasting pan to serving platter. Cover and keep warm. Remove rack from roasting pan.
- Stir vegetables. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F. Continue roasting vegetables for 15 to 20 minutes more or until tender and browned.
- To serve, using a slotted spoon, spoon vegetables around hens on platter. Makes 4 servings.
If you are using a thermometer, the internal temperature of the hens should be 180 degrees F.
Sodium: 291mg | Sugar: 0.1g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 50mg | Calories: 10kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.04g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Fat: 0.3g | Protein: 0.3g | Carbohydrates: 2g