Poached Salmon is a typical recipe for those who love clean, flavoured fish accompanied by a sauce. The best sauce to serve with poached salmon is of course Hollandaise Sauce. One thing to remember is to remove the skin before poaching. You can crisp it up in a frying pan with a little oil should you wish. Most salmon fillets take a matter of minutes to poach. Adding a glass of white wine gives the salmon a lovely delicate perfume without the kick of alcohol. Serve with a delicate salad during the summer or with boiled potatoes and seasonal greens during the colder months. Regardless of the time of year always serve Hollandaise Sauce.
- Sprinkle the salmon fillets with a little salt.
- Put the wine, water, dill, parsley and shallots or onions in a sauté pan, and bring to a simmer on medium heat.
- Place salmon fillets, skin-side down on the pan. Cover.
- Cook 5 to 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillet, or to desired done-ness.
- DO NOT OVERCOOK.
- Serve sprinkled with freshly ground black pepper and a slice or two of lemon.