A lovely warming welcoming dish that is easy to produce and so full of flavour. Braised Pork with Mushrooms and Butterbeans is a lovely main dish which is served with a rice. The addition of Dijon Mustard add a lovely heat without being too much.
Braised Pork with Mushrooms and Butterbeans
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the pork.
- Stir-fry 3-4 minutes until brown then add the onions, garlic and leek.
- Stir-fry for another 3-4 minutes, until softened.
- Sprinkle with the flour and mix well, ensuring everything is evenly coated.
- Add the mushrooms, stir in the mustard and the stock, stirring constantly to bring to a gentle boil.
- Turn the heat down to low, cover with the lid and simmer gently for 1 hour – stirring occasionally and adding a little more water if required.
- Add the butterbeans, stir and simmer for another 10 minutes before serving.