Cheddar Cheese Scones is a dish I love. Making a scone is lovely but adding Cheddar Cheese gives it a massive hit of flavour. I have served these for breakfast and brunch and snacks. Add a little ham and pickle and you have a perfect snack.
Cheddar Cheese Scones
A lovely change to the standard scone. The cheese gives the scones an added taste that works so well.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 12 scones
- Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and cut in the butter using a fork.
- Add the cheese, stirring just enough to incorporate.
- Beat the egg and milk together and add to the flour mixture, stirring as little as possible.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and pat down to a thickness of about 1 1/2 inches (4 cm).
- Cut into 2-inch (5 cm) rounds and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 425 (220C) oven for 13 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
Calories: 202kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 303mg | Potassium: 80mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g