A simple cake that the children love. These are ideal for snacks, desserts and picnics.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 8 portions
- Have all ingredients at room temperature.
- Combine the milk, flour, butter, and salt in a bowl and beat just until smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating as little as possible to incorporate.
- The batter should be thin, about the consistency of heavy cream.
- Pour into generously greased muffin or popover tins, filling the cups no more than three-quarters full.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and optional cayenne.
- Bake in a preheated 450F (220C) oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 350F (180C) (do not open the oven door) and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- To test for doneness, remove a popover and check to see that the sides are firm and golden brown.
Sodium: 135mg | Sugar: 2g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 94mg | Cholesterol: 19mg | Calories: 193kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Fat: 7g | Protein: 8g | Carbohydrates: 23g