Chicken Cacciatore refers to a Italian meal prepared “hunter-style” with onions, herbs, usually tomatoes, bell peppers, and sometimes wine. A favourite is chicken but also rabbit and any other meat they have caught. It has been adapted over the years and I have seen it made in under 15 minutes. To have a lovely thick sauce, it needs to “blip” for at least 30 minutes to absorb the flavours and become excellent. Furthermore I add chillies to the recipe as it can keep the heat without everything being overpowered.
Share: Have a recipe to share? Let us help by Clicking Here.
- Fry the onion and garlic in the oil until softened.
- Add the tomatoes, rosemary and seasoning, and cook for 10-15 mins until thickened.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Boil a pan of salted water and cook the spaghetti according to instructions
- Put the chicken on a baking tray, top with the sauce and bake for 15-20 mins until cooked through. Serve scattered with basil on a bed of fluffy rice.