A simple curry that is so good you will make again.
Simple Lamb Curry
The easiest Lamb Curry you will find. It has a few ingredients but process is very easy and the results are amazing.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to Collection
Servings: 4 people
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 900 g lamb fillet cubed
- 2 large onions
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
- 2 large green chilies
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 tbsp garam masala
- 1 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp Plain Flour
- 6 large tomatoes
- 600 ml chicken stock
- 250 g baby spinach leaves
- 1 large pomegranate seeded
- 200 grams yogurt plain
- basmati rice cooked per instructions
- ground black pepper/salt
- Heat a large saucepan and add one tablespoon of the vegetable oil and when hot the lamb.
- Cook over a high heat for 3-4 minutes, or until the lamb is golden-brown all over, then remove and put to one side.
- Reduce the heat and add the remaining tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Add the chopped onions, garlic, chopped chillies and ginger and fry for 2-3 minutes, until golden and softened.
- Add all the turmeric, garam masala, cumin and chilli powder and fry, stirring well for a minute.
- Add the flour and cook for a further minute before adding the tomatoes and coconut milk and heat to bring the pan to a simmer.
- Add the lamb and enough chicken stock to just cover the lamb.
- Stir well, scraping the bottom of the pan to deglaze.
- Heat the mixture until simmering, then cover and cook on a low heat for about one hour, or until the lamb is tender and cooked through.
- Skim off any excess fat from the surface.
- Add the spinach and pomegranate and cook for 2 minutes, until the spinach has wilted.
- Add the yoghurt, season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper and stir well.
- Serve onto warmed plates with steamed basmati rice alongside.
Calories: 996kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 63g | Fat: 74g | Saturated Fat: 37g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 23g | Cholesterol: 220mg | Sodium: 1352mg | Potassium: 1314mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g