This is a recipe for those who like to keep an eye on their waistline. Breakfast Energy Bars are full of goodness such as oats, both ground and flaked almonds, mixed seed and sesame seeds. These bars are ideal for people on the go, fit lunch boxes and excellent for picnics. Not only that but you can have 10 bars ready in under 30 minutes. I make these in advance and have them over the next few days. Store them in an air tight container and they are good to go. I have also placed fruit in the bars for another texture and flavour.
Breakfast Energy Bars
- Preheat the oven to 180C, Gas Mark 4
- Heat the butter and honey in a saucepan until the butter has melted.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients except sesame seeds and press into a 22cm square baking tin
- Sprinkle over the sesame seeds
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden
- Allow to cool slightly before cutting into 12 bars
- Leave in the tin to cool completely before removing