Chinese Chicken Noodle Soup
On those cold days when you something filling and tasty then this is for you. Chicken, Noodles and soup in a single dish - perfect.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- 1 lb chicken breast skinless boneless
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp dry Sherry
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp tahini available from most supermarkets
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp chili sauce
- 4 cups chinese leaf cabbage chopped
- 6 large green onions thinly sliced
- 8 cups chick stock
- 14 oz yakisoba noodles or Chinese pan-fry noodles available from most supermarkets
- 1/2 bunch Coriander chopped
- chicken breasts into slices
- Stir chicken, soy sauce, Sherry, and 1 tablespoon sesame oil in medium bowl to blend.
- Ideally refrigerate up to 2 hours.
- Whisk garlic, tahini, ginger, sugar, vinegar, and chili sauce in small bowl.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add cabbage and green onions and sauté until cabbage is tender.
- Add the chicken stock to the pot and bring to boil.
- Add chicken with marinade and tahini-garlic mixture. Reduce heat to low and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Cook noodles in large pot of boiling salted water until tender.
- Drain. Add to soup in pot. Stir in half of coriander. Season soup with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with remaining coriander.
Calories: 556kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 123mg | Sodium: 3227mg | Potassium: 1034mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g