Mackerel & Potato Dressed Salad is an excellent gluten free recipe that is filling, tasty and looks amazing. The fresh smoked mackerel mixed with the boiled new potatoes creates a lovely contrast. Add the crunch of the spring onions and freshness of the beetroot makes this salad a personal favourite. This salad can be made in advance and stored in a airtight box and kept for later. Mackerel & Potato Dressed Salad will last for a few days. This salad is finished off with a lovely delicate lemon dressing whilst the dill adds colour and a fennel, celery and anise flavour. This is superb as a main dish and as a side dish.
Mackerel & Potato Dressed Salad
- Place the potatoes in a small saucepan of boiling water and simmer for 15 mins or until fork-tender.
- Cool and cut into thick slices.
- Flake the mackerel into a bowl and add the cooled potatoes, spring onions, beetroot and dill.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice and some seasoning.
- Pour over the salad and toss everything well to coat.
- Scatter the lemon zest over the salad.