Philippine Stuffed Eggplant - Rellenong Talong
A lot of people will look at this recipe purely out of curiosity but only a few will actually cook it. They are the lucky ones.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- Boil the eggplants in salted water for 3 minutes.
- Remove and drain cut-side down on paper towels.
- Scoop out some of the pulp, leaving firm shells, and chop the scooped out pulp.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over moderate heat and sauté the garlic and onion until tender but not brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the pork and brown.
- Add the tomato, salt, and pepper, and cook uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Add the reserved chopped eggplant and cook 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in half the bread crumbs.
- Divide the pork mixture between the eggplant halves and top with the remaining bread crumbs. Place on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 350F (180C) oven for 20 minutes.
Calories: 421kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 565mg | Potassium: 260mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g