Quick Chicken Breasts with Herb Sauce is a very simple but thoroughly tasty quick recipe that always hit the mark. Served with new potatoes and seasonal vegetables makes this a winter warmer. When you need a meal in a rush, this meal is ideal. Start to finish in forty minutes with a bit of sautéing with a skillet. The herbs sauce is made using the chicken juices from the skillet for extra flavour and intensity. The addition of capers to the sauce gives a lovely little kick whilst the dry white wine and chicken stock create a perfect flavour base.
Quick Chicken Breasts with Herb Sauce
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and coat lightly with flour.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over moderate heat and saute the chicken breasts until golden brown on both sides and firm to the touch.
- Transfer the chicken to an oven-proof platter and keep warm in a 200F (90C) oven.
- Add the wine and chicken stock to the skillet and reduce it by half, being sure to scrape up all the brown bits in the skillet as you stir.
- Stir in the fresh herbs and the optional capers and butter, and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve immediately.