A favourite when people go out but so easy to make when at home, it is a shame that they are not cooked more.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- Peel the onion and cut into 1/4 inch (5 mm) slices.
- Separate into rings and combine with the milk in a bowl. Soak for 1/2 hour.
- Combine the flour with the salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Heat the vegetable oil to 375F (190C).
- Dredge the onion rings a few at a time in the flour mixture and carefully drop into the hot oil.
- A long handled fork is useful for transferring the rings from the flour to the oil.
- Fry until golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes, turning the rings over as necessary.
- Drain on paper towels, and keep warm in a moderate oven if not serving immediately.
Calories: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 453mg | Potassium: 357mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 12g