Devilled Tomatoes on Granary Toast is a delicious recipe that is ready within 20 minutes. The simplicity makes this dish amazing. I use granary toast for this dish as it has the added benefit of strong texture to absorb the tomato juice. Use good quality, well flavoured tomatoes for this quick and easy breakfast. The mustard and Worcestershire sauce give quite a hot, spicy flavour, so reduce these for a milder taste. Whilst the Honey Mango Chutney provides the sweetness that is present but not over powering. Served as breakfast or brunch is an ideal time and as a vegetarian recipe
Devilled Tomatoes on Granary Toast
- Mix together the chutney, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, orange juice and a pinch of salt.
- Heat the rapeseed oil in a frying pan and fry the tomatoes for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently until slightly softened.
- Add the mustard mixture and cook, stirring for a further 4-5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Meanwhile put the toast in the toaster.
- Spoon over warm toast, sprinkle over the chives and serve immediately.