When most people think of a muffin, they imagine a boring plain cake. However, there are so many flavours available, all taste buds are accounted for. Carrot and Cranberry Muffins are ideal for those who think outside of the box. Combining fruit and vegetables is not new but in muffins it is. I have these as snacks but also as breakfast when on the go. Either way, they are so good. If you prefer, we also have Banana & Peanut Butter Muffins, Lemon Ginger Muffins and Spiced Peach Muffins to try amongst many other recipes. Just search for Muffins by clicking here.
Carrot and Cranberry Muffin
- Preheat the oven to 200C, gas mark 6
- Place the grated carrot into a large bowl and stir in the flour, wheatgerm, baking powder, ground cinnamon and sugar
- Gradually add the milk and oil followed by the egg and mix well until evenly blended
- Finally stir in the cranberries
- Divide the mixture into 6 muffin cases and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean
- Leave to cool slightly before serving