Pasta Turkey, Bacon and Peas Leftovers is a superb Christmas survival recipe. Never let any Turkey go to waste when you can knock this up within 15 minutes. After Christmas and Thanksgiving, when you had had enough of Roasted everything, this dish makes a lovely change. The flavours of the fresh peas, double cream and parmesan combine with the turkey and bacon to make a refreshing filling main dish. When it comes to leftovers, this is a recipe that is hard to beat. I usually serve this on its own as nothing else is needed. This main dish is ideal for those unexpected visitors between Christmas and New Year.
Pasta Turkey, Bacon and Peas Leftovers
- Fill a pan with water and bring to the boil. Add salt
- Add the pasta and cook according to the packets instructions. Choose a pasta that coats well.
- Turn the heat down, then add the onions and garlic and cook gently until soft but not coloured.
- In a frying pan fry the bacon until just crispy.
- Add the peas and a splash of water to the frying pan and let it bubble for a couple of minutes.
- When the pan is almost dry again add the turkey and heat through.
- Add the cream and season well with salt and black pepper.
- Allow to bubble until the cream has reduced a little and the sauce has a nice coating consistency.
- Serve tossed with the cooked pasta, with plenty of fresh grated Parmesan on the table.