Chinese Shrimp Dumplings - Shiu Mai
Shrimp Dumplings are one of the most popular choices with the near transparent wrap showing the lovely pink contents. These are very easy to produce so don't order them - bake them.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- 1 lb Shrimp deveined, and finely chopped, 450 g
- 1/2 lb ground pork 225 g
- 6 in dried shiitake mushrooms soaked
- 6 canned water chestnuts finely chopped
- 3 tbsp finely chopped canned bamboo shoots
- 3 large scallions finely chopped,
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tbsp soy sauce 15 ml
- 1 tbsp Chinese rice wine or dry sherry 15 ml
- 1 tsp sesame oil 5 ml
- 24 large wonton wrappers
- Combine all ingredients except the wonton wrappers in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Place a heaping teaspoon of the filling in the centre of each wonton wrapper.
- Form into small purse-shaped dumplings, flat on the bottom, open on the top, and with a slight hourglass shape.
- Place in a single layer in a steamer and cook tightly covered over boiling water for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.
Calories: 300kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 261mg | Sodium: 511mg | Potassium: 296mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g