This dish is used in Mexico to help with hangovers. It is a hearty meal to say the least.Garnish with lemon and lime wedges and chopped fresh oregano.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 6 people
- Combine the tripe, pigs feet, and water in a large pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer covered for 3 hours.
- Allow the pot to cool and remove the meats.
- Cut the tripe into thin strips and remove the bones from the pig's feet.
- Return the meats to the stock.
- Cut the corn from the cobs and add it, along with the scallions, coriander, salt, and pepper, to the stock.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve with garnishes for diners to help themselves to.
Sodium: 163mg | Sugar: 1g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 273mg | Cholesterol: 187mg | Calories: 140kcal | Trans Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Fat: 6g | Protein: 19g | Carbohydrates: 3g