Spiced Peach Muffins are a thing of beauty. The sweetness of the peaches combined with the allspice, nutmeg and cinnamon makes this a perfect snack. This recipe uses peaches but we have also made them with Blueberries, Blackberries and even Raspberries. I often put these in lunch boxes for the children and can be made in advance. Other flavours include
Carrot and Cranberry Muffins, Lemon Ginger Muffins and
Blueberry White Chip Muffins. However you can go more extreme. We have recipes such as Smoked Fish and Egg Muffins,
Banana & Peanut Butter Muffins or
Bacon Cheddar Chive Muffins. They all hit the mark.
Spiced Peach Muffins
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder, brown sugar, allspice, nutmeg and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Stir in eggs, vegetable oil and milk, then gently stir in fruit.
- Grease 16 muffin cups, and heap batter into cups; they'll be very full. Sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake at 400°F for 25 to 30 minutes, or until muffins test done.
- If you are using berries, 3 cups small whole berries or other fruit, diced.