A great muffin for breakfast, brunch, lunch, with soup or for a tasty snack. I never enjoyed muffins until tried Bacon Cheddar Chive Muffins. Then I was converted. These are permanently available at my house along with a few other flavours. Flavour include Cheese and Bacon Muffins, Banana & Peanut Butter Muffins and Corn, Cheddar, and Sun-Dried Tomato Muffins. Following our recipe means you can have a tray of fresh muffins within 40 minutes. These are ideal as snacks, picnics and a superb way to keep children interested in cooking. All of the inventing, mixing and baking keeps their attention well.
Bacon Cheddar Chive Muffins
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease muffin pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, garlic powder, chives, parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Combine the egg, milk, cream of mushroom soup and vegetable oil. Mix into the dry ingredients and stir together just to moisten.
- Spoon the batter into prepared muffin pans and bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.